After our August net I’ve had some feedback from a few of the radio operators in Newton, reporting varying degrees of success hearing the check-in of other net members from Newton, and farther away.
I would assume it is the same for net members in Clarkston, Cornish and Trenton where you likely can only hear my signal from the EOC, but not the check-in of others - due to the distance between our communities and equipment used.
During our regular net on September 18th I plan to use my home station as a cross-band repeater, to hopefully improve what each of you can hear during the roll-call portion of the net. The antenna height is similar to that of the EOC where I call the net, and I hope this test does help us feel more connected.
For this test, my home station will receive simplex 446.300 and re-transmit over simplex 146.550. If you have a dual band radio that supports a split channel memory, please program 146.550 as the receive frequency and 446.300 as the transmit frequency into a memory location. A PL tone will not be necessary for this test.
If you are able to program this split channel configuration in your radio, plan on using that channel when you join the net September 18th.
If you do not have a dual band radio capable of this channel configuration, continue to join the net over the simplex frequency 146.550 as you have been doing.
While you are looking at programming, as a reference here is the Frequency List page from the net blog: NWCV Net Frequency List.
Please let me know if you have any questions.